1. When would you classify an investment as available-for-sale?
2. What are the major differences between trading and available-for-sale securities?
3. What is other comprehensive income (OCI) and where is it presented in the final accounts?
4. How is the foreign exchange translation impact on AFS equity securities handled? Is this any different from debt securities? If so, explain why it is so.
5. How is the impairment of AFS securities treated?
Please enrol me for the free email course
on Basics of Accounting for Financial Instruments
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.