R. Venkata Subramani
A graduate of the University of Madras, Venkata Subramani is a Chartered Accountant with over three decades of experience, who began his career with a professional accounting firm in Chennai. [Qualified in the year 1983]
Venkat is engaged in IFRS / Ind AS advisory services for several clients across the globe. He also conducts regular training programs for various corporate entities and Banks on IFRS.
Venkat was previously working with Calypso Technology specializing in Hedge Accounting as per IFRS 9. Calypso Technology, Inc. is a leading provider of cross-asset, front-to-back technology solutions for financial markets, with 20 years of experience delivering cross-asset solutions for trading, processing, risk management and accounting. Calypso is being used by several Banks/financial institutions across the globe.
Prior to this, Venkat was the Head of Business Management & Operations Control at Northern Trust, Bangalore. Northern Trust Corporation is a Chicago based Bank. Venkat’s expertise includes accounting and reporting for several types of financial instruments as per IFRS. Prior to joining Northern Trust, he was the COO, managing team of core finance and accounts professionals in a US based hedge fund administration firm serving several global clients.
Venkat holds a diploma in IFRS from ACCA (UK). Venkat an all India rank holder in both CA and ICWAI exams, has an overall experience of more than three decades. He is co-opted as a Special Invitee to the Accounting Standards Board of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for the year 2019-20.
- He is a visiting faculty at the CA Institute for Ind AS (IFRS) Certificate Courses for the last 10 years
- Conducted specialised courses on Financial Instruments for participants from Banks, Audit Firms, Financial Institutions and regulatory bodies
- Venkat is a visiting faculty at the Reserve Bank of India Staff College for Ind AS (IFRS) courses on financial instruments.
Venkat is the author of the following books:
- Accounting for Investments – Volume 1 – Equities, Futures & Options (June 2009)
- Accounting for Investments – Volume 2 – Fixed Income Securities & Interest rate derivatives (June 2011) – Both volumes published by John Wiley & Sons, Singapore
- Financial Instruments as per Ind AS published by Wolters Kluwer– CCH, India (3e Feb 2020)
R. Venkata Subramani
ECL / CECL
IFRS / US GAAP / Ind AS
Please enrol me for the free email course
on Basics of Accounting for Financial Instruments
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.